Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Becoming Bright


So here she is, Hello Kitty, as I debut in rehearsal last night as Angel Delusionae [delusion-ay] Bright, my drag persona. The intent is to capitalize on how I got into an indie movie with Margaret Cho that was filmed near Saugatuck, Mich., which is near Chicago. Long story short, "Alaska is a Drag" debuts next spring and in my mind, I had to do everything I could to try to promote myself as part of what could be a strong-performing motion picture--at least in the gay circuit.

While I've been developing a writing persona in the same vein called "Angel Bright," a friend of mine suggested another name based off of a conversation we had about having delusions of fame with this Margaret Cho movie. Believe me, I don't doubt my delusions, but I figure, can't hurt. Sheer luck put me on stage with Margaret Cho and while it would take a tremendous amount of cosmic alignment for me to achieve any amount of celebrity momentum from that one non-speaking appearance as a drag queen, it forced me to put on my best Kitty face and take the stage in a premiere drag show here in Chicago, Sidetrack's "Night of 100 Drag Queens." So here's to being fabulous in my own eyes.

Yours in delusion,

Angel Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment