Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Work of Content


One of my errands this weekend was to meet with a friend who is going to act in one of my upcoming GAM-TV webisodes. He had never acted before but because I lost an actor and needed him, he agreed to do it.

While going through line by line, I spoke to him about the intent behind the words. Little by little I saw him getting it. Light bulbs were going off. It was gratifying and fun.

I realized two hours had flown by. While driving home, I thought, when people see the finished product, they'll watch it, hopefully laugh or smile and then go on to some other online video on the Internet. They won't consider the time it takes to prepare, shoot and edit even a five-minute video. So much sweat, energy and expense goes into stuff they'll mentally consume in a matter of minutes or milliseconds.

Recently I was watching a movie filmed in Europe and I thought, gee, every person walking around in the background is a paid extra, someone whose attire was approved and who had to take off that day from work or is somehow self employed--and all in Europe. How expensive was that?

Content is work. Content is complex. None of this is easy.

Yours in complexity,

Angel Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment